How big is baby?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, May 6, 2011

"You having a baby?"

April 7, 2011

Today was the first day that a stranger noticed I was pregnant - quite a milestone in my book!

I still barely look like a mommy-to-be, but some clothes certinaly accuntuate the baby bump.
I was wearing a black and white faux wrap dress from Target (which incidentally is my least favorite item of clothing, so I was not upset when I got red juice all over it after delivering a cinnamon snow cone to JR at work this afternoon) with a wide black belt at my waist. I think the belt helps the bump portrude, because when I was having a long-overdue pedicure with mom, one of the nail techs who has worked there for as long as I can remember, passed me in the hallway and did a literal double-take. "You having baby?" she asked. I was so proud to say "Yes, I am!"

I'm sure there will be lots of these questions in the future months and I'll probably get tired of answering the obvious, but for today, it was nice to be noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment