How big is baby?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Creating New Life

I thought it was a good time to have a baby because: JR and I were at a point where we felt really settled into our relationship and our life and just felt "ready" to add something to the mix. We believe we can provide a stable environment for child rearing now more than we could have earlier on when we had lots of life changes going on (new marriage, new jobs, new house, etc). Although, obviously those can happen at any time, we hope we're now emotionally mature enough to deal with them better.

Challenges I expect with having a baby: Obvious ones like sleep deprivation and getting a settled into a new schedule. Less obvious ones like making sure that JR won't feel neglected or less important than the baby.

When I imagined being pregnant I felt: nervous

How I prepared for getting pregnant: starting charting my temperature and reading about conception, JR and I tried to eat healthy and not drink any caffeine or alcohol

How long it took to get pregnant: first try!

Imagining pregnancy and my life with a baby: I can't imagine how I'll have the energy to make it happen. We all know that I require LOTS of sleep so I'll have to see how that adjustment goes. I always imagined that I'd be staying home and keeping busy with our kids all day, so I can't imagine what it will be like to have to leave the baby in someone else's care for the day after just a few short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment