How big is baby?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wonderful News


The first person I told about my pregnancy: JR, of course!


How I told my partner: I waited a day after I found out to tell him. I had a big surprise planned to tell him the news, but I was so tired and recovering from being sick so I just couldn't muster the energy to put my plan into action (maybe for the next bambino). I decided that since it was a couple of days after his birthday, I'd leave an anonymous belated birthday gift on the porch (the gift was a positive pregnancy test). When he came home from work, he acted confused about finding a gift outside the front door and didn't even take the time to read the card. When he tore into the bag and saw the positive test, his first words were, "Is this for real?"

My partner's reaction: He smiled real big and gave me a hug, but I think he was really caught off guard. I didn't get the idea that he was genuinely excited until he got to see the heartbeat on our first sonogram and finally got emotional.

My parent's reactions: Mom fell over on the floor and screamed and cried a lot. Dad was excited but had very few words for the evening, and followed up with a nice e-mail expressing his excitement and joy.

His parents reactions: JR told them in a roundabout way, so Jim caught on first and when the idea clicked with Kim she was ecstatic. She ran into the basement and brought back our first official baby gift: zebra print booties with red lace!

No comments:

Post a Comment