How big is baby?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Doctor's Visit

Date: January 17, 2011 - 6 weeks and 3 days

Before my first appointment, I felt: worried. I went in for an early appointment because of some disconcerting symptoms. 


My doctor: Karen Benz, DO

I chose my doctor because: I panicked after experiencing some painful symptoms and having our first doctor's office ignore my calls for days and then instruct me to go to the ER because they couldn't call me back during their business hours. I called what seemed like every doctor in town but no one would see me on a Friday afternoon. Of course, from reading on the internet, I knew I was having an ectopic pregnancy that was potentially fatal. JR called the original doctor's office to complain and got an on-call doctor, Dr. Benz, who assured us that the symptoms I was having were normal and encouraged us not to rush to the ER, but to visit her own office on Monday to get checked out. Even though my experience with the first doctor was a disaster, it gave me the opportunity to meet Dr. Benz, so we are really thankful for that.

Procedure performed: urinalysis and sonogram

Baby's progress: a totally normal little blob, it had a little flickering heartbeat that we could see but couldn't hear yet. JR really teared up when he saw it on screen. The whole rest of the afternoon I would hear him sniffling and ask if he was okay, and he would reply that he was "just thinking about the baby."

After my appointment, I felt: elated, I couldn't stop smiling

Thing I need to keep in mind: most symptoms I experience are probably totally normal


No comments:

Post a Comment