How big is baby?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Imagining Fatherhood

The number of children I thought I would have and why: I initially thought I would only have one, maybe two. As an only child, I enjoyed having my family to myself, but in retrospect, having an older/younger sibling would have been a lot of fun. After marrying Nina, talking about her experiences with an older brother, and getting to be a part of a family with multiple children, I'm looking forward to having several of my own to spoil.

I wanted this many boys and girls: I'll take whatever God gives me.

Qualities that I feel will make me a great father: Patience, forgiveness, and being an easy going person.

Fond memories of my own mother: Fishing and talking about Calvin and Hobbes... great times with Dad. With Jim, I remember taking drives when mom wasn't exactly pleased with something I'd done.

Qualities I look for in a mother to my child: Organization, understanding, and light heartedness.

Baby names I have always liked: None come to mind.

The age I imagined I would have my first child: 29 or 30

Who or what from my childhood best prepared me to be a father: Growing up with a strong mother definitely prepared me to be a father. Having to balance both roles, mom showed me what it's like to be firm and passionate parent, while also being fair and unfailing. To this day she's my biggest fan and I hope that I can impart that feeling on each of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment